[Scroll to bottom of post for this morning’s update!]
Not well. The tech was here for two hours+, got the WiFi set, got the Optimum phone plugged in, then, oops, he wasn’t able to get the video of the tv to work.
Error Message OBV-034 BAT Process Failed.
For those of you who might not understand this, let me enlighten you.
I had service transferred from the house to the apartment. Simple enough, right?
Welllllll, that process requires human interaction at the command center, a person has to transfer all the codes from one residence to another. I would have guessed it was a seamless move, push one button and voilà, all files sent.
Guess which batch of codes did not transfer???
Video. Yes, there’s no video code at the new apartment so the the process failed. I said to the tech, isn’t the video code kinda the essential one to, you know, WATCH TV? He laughed. I haven’t found the humor in it yet.
The tech left. Here’s where things stand. He sent an email to HQ alerting them to the issue. He explained to me that if the office isn’t busy they could finish the code transfer as quickly as a half hour. BUT, if it’s a busy day at Altice HQ, and his email was in a long line of emails, it could take until tomorrow!
Tomorrow??? Oh dear. I said what if by noon tomorrow I still don’t have video?? I was told I could call the tech directly, I have his cell phone number, and he’d ask his supervisor for help.
All this just to plug in two televisions and a router. 🤦🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️
UPDATE: So after a reasonable amount of time passed when it was apparent the system was not going to resolve itself, the bedroom tv had a Problem activating your new Altice Mini?” Call…
I did. I got a wonderful tech support guy, Nathan, with whom I was on the line for almost an hour. He was sure he could resolve the issue remotely and I was sure he could too.
He could not. The problem stems from the cable boxes from the house. I turned in one of the three before moving but thought I’d hand the two I had connected up until we moved out to the cable tech.
Cablevision still thinks my cable boxes at the old house are active and therefore the system can not activate the new boxes until that’s rectified.
Last night Nathan decommissioned the two old boxes and figured he could then jump start my new boxes.
That leaves me in the queue today for an ALL DAY service appointment. 10am-8pm. Nathan apologized for not being able to refine the window but I said No Problem. I was appreciative of his efforts and appreciative he was able to put me in the queue at all.
I asked Nathan what the tech could do today that he wasn’t able to do remotely. I didn’t get a clear answer.
I don’t want to have to give out this trophy to the Cablevision guy today. Fingers crossed.