Trying to wing our way to Jamaica, with Storm Niko out of the way, looks like round two is right behind, Sunday into Monday, throwing a huge wrench into our flight plans.
This year, rather than flying non-stop from JFK, we opted for the two-step method, leaving locally, HPN for Atlanta, then Atlanta for Montego Bay. It’s the first leg that is problematic as HPN cancels that route with scary regularity.
We’re thinking we will just get out of town for Atlanta a day early, hang out at the airport hotel, and be ready for our flight to Montego Bay as planned.
Stay tuned to see if Delta agrees with our plan and doesn’t charge us huge fees to change.
We got a little less than a foot of snow yesterday. Today, blue skies up above, everyone’s in love…..especially the school kids who get a two-hour delay. I guess the roads are a bit icy still.