I’m trying another round of birdfeeders – the last few I had I didn’t like. This year I went simple, plus I am staking them out back (previously in the front, so looking out the kitchen I could see the birds).
As you can see, I haven’t filled them with seed yet, I’m still positioning and straightening them. The bottom pole has an auger ability to it and it needs to be quite deep into the ground. Then there’s a stabilizer set of feet to keep it upright. Because the bed I’ve put this in has a little slope, I have to use rocks to stabilize it completely.
I know I know, you are all going to tell me the squirrels the squirrels are going to get to it because it’s so close to the stone wall. That is true but I think I’d rather shoot a few squirrels and have the feeders where I sit every day then have them far enough away from where the squirrels can climb up and never get to enjoy seeing the birds.
I bought a hummingbird feeder too that I don’t like at all. I went to exchange it yesterday and the store was so crowded (one person working to help all the customers) I left and figured I’ll keep it and get another one later. The problem is that the crook I had isn’t sturdy enough to hold this particular feeder so for now its propped into a niche of the stone wall until I can find a better way to hang it. I may end up putting the hummingbird feeder out front because, although you can’t see it in this photo) the backside of the stone wall is tall so the crook doesn’t have enough height. If I put it in a bed up front It’ll be high enough, and away from the other feeders.
More when I am done and the feeders are in their full and upright position for the flight! 🙂
Staked, propped, loaded, and ready….
Redux……..Note to the Three Blind Mice…. I have a carving knife!!