I’m always Queen for the Day but we JUST got word this morning that Cunard moved us from waitlist to Good To Go on our Queen Mary 2 transatlantic sail in October.
The circumstances of how we heard the good news were quite odd. This morning at 8:44 I emailed the travel agent to whom we turned over the reservation, gently nudging her for any update on our status.
I didn’t hear back from her then at 10:09, an email binged in directly from Cunard (because don’t forget I called Cunard first) saying we were off the waitlist and even got our first choice of a suite midship. What a coincidence. Or ESP? I mean, I email the agent and within and hour, Cunard contacts us?
I decided it best to call the travel agent and she was just coming into the office at 10:15 (nice work if you can get it!) so she was reading my email and seeing the fax from Cunard as we spoke.
The decision to accept or decline has to be made within 24 hours so I wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page.
All very exciting news for us. Mr. EOS has to buy (or rent) himself a tux. I have to bring down from the upstairs closets a couple of long dresses. I have dig out my seasick bands from last boat trip (I’m a known a two-bag sailor). Once all the excitement sets in, then later we’ll make some decisions on what to do and where to go once we arrive in Southampton. A few days in London? I’m SURE if Wills and Kate know we will be in town, an invite will be extended to us for tea.
Very Happy Monday all around! Except damn, now it’s RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!