Yes, it’s true, I’m only going to do one more EOS-Friday, on December 30 (if anyone is even around). Then, it’s time to call this gig done. The photos have been incredible over the year span, and I’m happily surprised that it went on so long with such amazing variety. My thanks to each and every one of you.
Let’s start out with Sound Beacher this week:
For the Christmas theme
This is what I think as a cool Christmas wreath. It’s retro but stylish, I bought it a few years ago but like to hang it over the fireplace. It’s too fragile to go on the door to the house.
From Cos Harbour
Antidote to the Elijah Miller house
After your visit and reporting on the deplorable Elijah Miller house in North White Plains, I was motivated to visit this George Washington Revolutionary War home in Ghent, New York. General Henry Knox, a bookseller turned ballistic, this country’s first Secretary of War under George Washington, spent some time here.
Even though George Washington never stayed here it was most definitely worth a trespassing look!
From Urbane Forester:
On the Gulf Coast in Indian Rocks Beach, Pinellas County, Florida (Location: Right palm face-up – Location in Florida is your thumb knuckle protruding west into the Gulf of Mexico)
Gulf-Coast-Living: Well, Living for the 1%, the other 99% are nearly homeless around Phillies ballpark in Clearwater.
IRB-dunes: What develops for coastal protection dunes when a community accepts federal funds for beach replenishment sands (from Tampa Bay dredge spoils)
Belleair-beach: What happens to coastal hazards if sand replenishment is rejected. (Natural beach building storms have restored the sand you see. Earlier storms eroded the beaches all the way to the seawalls of the homes.)